Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Thanks for the invite

As the election draws nearer I will be trying to Blog more.

I have felt very bad over the last couple of months and weeks to come about not attending all of the events that I have been invited to.

I hope that everyone realizes that I have a family to feed and a business that was terribly affected by the recession. I have made plans for my company if the election goes in my favor but at this time it would be foolish to drop everything.

Unfortunately I do not have a government job or paycheck that affords me the luxury of traveling to all of the events like some of the other candidates.

At times I have left work to drive for hours to attend a function that lasts hours so that I can speak for 3-5 minutes before or after a few other people running for the same position. And believe it or not we all say close to the same thing because we all know what you want to hear. I am not saying that because we do not believe it also, I am just pointing out 3-9 people saying basically the same thing for 3-5 minutes each not only makes the crowd lose interest but at times I blank out myself. Then I drive home for hours trying not to fall asleep along the way because I have to be back at work in a few short hours.

Then there are the events where the above applies but they also want anywhere from $50 to $200 from me to “rent” a table to put out my information.

I wish I could attend every event and speak to everyone that cares to listen. But the reality of it is that it is just not physically or financially possible at this point. I do not feel with so many other candidates I am spending my time or donators money wisely.

If we really want to elect someone based on what they believe and their ability then we are going to have to do the leg work. Listening to them for a couple of minutes at an event really just tells you who the best speaker is and not what they will do for us.

Here let me give you a simple breakdown of myself,
1. I have lived in Missouri all of my life and my father’s family moved here during the civil war.
2. I have owned an electrical contracting business that I started at age 26 in 1996 and built it up to about $3,000,000.00 in annual sales in 2007. After the recession that number was $300,000.00 in 2009.
3. I understand having bill collectors call and watching the government give money to companies that do not deserve it while I get nothing except a tax break for hiring new people that I do not need because there is no work.
4. I know that 80% of the people in Missouri work for a company that employs 25 or less people.
5. I wrote a book over 1 ½ years ago that warned of the unions greed and power in our government. (Next time your school cuts programs or teachers, read the book!)
6. Life Member of the NRA for over 18 years.
7. I am a member of MENSA and Intertel. That means that my IQ is in the 99th percentile. I am not bragging, it is just a fact.
8. I have never held office so I do not owe anyone any political favors.

So, I have deep roots in our state, I understand small business and the affect the recession has had on all of us, I thoroughly understand that the government and unions are wasting our money every day, I like guns and own many, I am unquestionably more intelligent than the other candidates, and I do not need to understand a game that I do not plan to play because no one has anything over me.

Now if you are leaning towards another candidate just ask yourself what would they put above? Or is your only qualification for electing someone is that they eloquently tell you what they know you want them to say?

P.S. Just because they have done it before does not mean that they do it well. 50% of the Doctors graduated in the bottom half of their class.

No comments:

Post a Comment