Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Believe

I have learned several things about politics in general over the last few months and I believe that the people are here for the fight but the same old machine is still running the program.

I have stopped answering questionnaires from associations or groups because I find most of them to be contrary to what should be expected from a representative of the people. For example there was one association that I agreed with and thought that they would seriously benefit from me being in office, but part of their questionnaire wanted me to promise and introduce 1 piece of legislation per year on their behalf.

That is not how I work, I am not going to start telling everyone that I agree fully with everything that they do or believe just for an endorsement, I am not going to sell my honor for a vote. My job would be for the best interest of Missouri and the wishes of Missourians even if it was not how I personally felt. If that is my demise then so be it.

There are several problems we face and my primary goal will be to fix the root of the cause. There is more info on my website but here are the primary problems that I believe need correction and will do everything in my power to accomplish that goal.

1) Shrink the size of Government – Our Federal government has turned into an inefficient blob that no one seems to be able to control or organize. It is full of needless jobs, agencies, and policy solely for the benefit of gaining votes, employing friends and family, hiding money and paybacks. Agencies that we rely on or need are lost in this mess and cannot perform efficiently.

2) Support small business – I do not think that the government realizes that small business with 25 or less employee’s is the life blood of our economy. Small business needs to be given the tools and resources to succeed.

3) Education – Our education standing is deplorable. The Federal Government needs to reward success, not compliance in poorly fabricated government programs and policy.

4) Welfare – The largest crippling downfall of our government was the bright idea of paying people to do nothing. Yes we should take care of those that cannot physically take care of themselves but today’s policy is beyond ridiculous. When people know that the government will support them they will do less in general. We should not pay for those that simply choose not to work.

I believe that all of our issues stem from one of the four listed above and I believe that all four are caused by politicians desire for power. Let the federal government protect me from foreign invaders and ensure interstate harmony but leave everything else up to the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment